- 1 kg chicken with bones
- 6-8 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup ginger, julienne cut
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red chili flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3 green chilies, chopped
- 1 tsp dry fenugreek leaves (sookhey methi)
- 4tbsp oil
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger in it. Sauté it and then add chicken. Fry the chicken on high flame till it changes it color and its water dries up. Now dish out this chicken.
- Now put tomatoes in the same pan. Add salt, red chili powder and chili flakes. Cover it and cook it till the tomatoes are soft.
- Now add fried chicken in it. Mix it well. Cook it covered and stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Now add little water in it for gravy. Add green chili and 3tbsp of ginger, cumin seeds and 1tsp of fenugreek leaves. Mix it well.
- Now put it on low flame and cook till chicken is tender and done.
- Garnish it with ginger and coriander leaves and serve it with naan or chapatti.